Koning Corporation is hiring an Engineering Intern.
Koning Corporation is the inventor of the world’s first true 3D Breast CT scanner for early breast cancer detection and diagnosis. With FDA approval and over 80 patents globally, Koning has recently won the Frost & Sullivan “New Product Innovation Award” for the Breast imaging industry in 2016. We are now on the journey to bring 3D Breast CT scanners globally and improve women’s health everywhere.
Job Summary / Mission
We are seeking a creative, driven design engineer to help us bring our products to new markets, as well as improve our products in the markets in which we currently trade. Responsibilities include developing designs in support of new and existing products that meet FDA guidelines to customer specific requests and strategic business goals.
Upon completion of 6 month internship, the candidate will be given a full-time offer based on strong performance.
- Design, develop, and test new products and product improvements, including cost reductions, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Employ problem solving skills to resolve issues encountered in product development.
- Execute projects utilizing CAD software creating 3D models and assemblies and drafts of parts components and assemblies.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to evaluate design, focusing on improving performance, overall design, quality and safety.
- Provide product specifications and Bills of Material.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Systems engineering a plus
- Strong verbal communication
- Knowledge of NSF, UL, AC/DC power & circuitry, electric motor technology and ergonomics a plus
- Solid understanding of strength of materials
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and six sigma a plus
- Sheet metal experience and fabrication a plus
Work Conditions or Specific Constraints:
- Office or engineering lab.
- Occasional travel to suppliers or production partners